responses to an online survey from those who have
used a psychedelic while in a romantic relationship.
Couples especially invited to participate.
Lost Myself in Elaborate Dreamlike Scenarios
Zolpidem, GBL & Cannabis (extract)
by MisterJingo
Citation:   MisterJingo. "Lost Myself in Elaborate Dreamlike Scenarios: An Experience with Zolpidem, GBL & Cannabis (extract) (exp114756)". Erowid.org. Oct 18, 2020. erowid.org/exp/114756

1 tsp oral Cannabis (extract)
  T+ 2:00 20 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  T+ 3:00 1 tsp oral Cannabis (extract)
  T+ 4:30 1.5 ml oral GBL (liquid)

An Introduction to Zolpidem

I started my day by taking a teaspoon of cannabis oil. Iím not sure of the concentration, but my friend informed me that this would make me pleasantly high. I usually only smoke cannabis but have tried edibles a couple of times at festivals. Iíve always found the experience to be a bit intense but usually interesting too.

My friend and I were staying in a cabin with a hot tub that overlooked a valley which had amazing views. We headed to the hot tub to wait for the cannabis to take effect. At the 2-hour mark, I was in an extremely relaxed and very high state. It was borderline too intense, but I settled into the experience and was enjoying it.

My friend then suggested we take some Zolpidem. Sheíd talked about her experiences using it previously, stating it was somewhat trippy, but a very pleasant experience. I took 5mg, and then over the course of the next hour, I took another 15mg in 5mg increments.

The effects were very subtle, and very dreamlike. If I closed my eyes, I would see images akin to faint hypnagogic hallucinations that I experience on the edge of sleep or during a tired meditation session. They were fairly incoherent, but interesting to experience.

There was a nice synergy with the cannabis oil, and I cuddled with my friend, just drifting in the experience. There was a distinct disruption in body perception. I almost felt bodyless when my eyes were closed, and tactile stimulation felt distant. My friend seemed to be getting greater effects, stating it felt like people were watching her (she enjoyed this).

After about 3 hours, the effects seemed to be mostly worn off, so I took another teaspoon of cannabis oil. After an hour and a half, I then took 1.5mg of GBL. GBL is a new substance to me, but I find it enjoyable, with no negative side effects so far.

We returned to the hot tub, and this is where things got interesting. I wasnít aware of any interactions between GBL and Zolpidem, but I started to feel significantly altered. A feeling of intense relaxation and euphoria washed over me as I peaked on the GBL and cannabis oil. My vision was a bit choppy but amazingly dreamlike. My mindset was one of childlike wonder. The only way I can describe it was being in a fantasy work where magic was possible. The hypnagogic like images were much more solid with eyes closed, and I lost myself in elaborate dreamlike scenarios, before coming back to reality. It was a truly perfect state that I drifted in for the next hour or so.

I experienced no negative come down and felt refreshed the day after.

My friend hadnít redosed on cannabis oil but did take GBL too. She experienced a similar state of being, so I imagine it was some form of Zolpidem and GBL interaction. Itís something Iím going to cautiously investigate.

Exp Year: 2020ExpID: 114756
Published: Oct 18, 2020Views: 950
Pharms - Zolpidem (143), Cannabis (1) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Glowing Experiences (4), Combinations (3)