Feeling Decidedly Trippy and Dissociated
MDMA, GBL & Cannabis
by MisterJingo
Citation:   MisterJingo. "Feeling Decidedly Trippy and Dissociated: An Experience with MDMA, GBL & Cannabis (exp114882)". Erowid.org. Nov 3, 2020. erowid.org/exp/114882

50 mg oral MDMA (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:30 50 mg insufflated MDMA (powder / crystals)
  T+ 2:00 50 mg oral MDMA (powder / crystals)
  T+ 3:00 60 mg insufflated MDMA (powder / crystals)
  T+ 7:30 1.2 ml oral GBL (liquid)
  T+ 7:50 1.8 ml oral GBL (liquid)
  T+ 8:30 2 bowls smoked Cannabis

I have little experience with MDMA. 12+ years ago I tried it a couple of times, but I was always on a variety of other substances, so I never really got a feel for it. My partner, who has extensive experience of MDMA wanted to roll with me, so we ordered some from the DN.

Our first attempt wasnít great, she wasnít convinced the substance we took was MDMA, and later reagent testing showed it to be Ethylone. We ordered more, this time we tested before we consumed any (Marquis, Froehde and Mecke) and it was shown to be MDMA or MDA (itís hard to distinguish between the two with the tests we used). Because we werenít sure if we had MDMA or MDA, we first took 50mg. I set aside a bomb with another 50mg.

+30 We were not really feeling anything, so we keyed another 50 mg and decided to go for a walk alongside a nearby river and then head into a local forest to pick some apples.

+50 I was definitely feeling altered and content. It was a glorious day outside, and it felt great to be in the sun.

+1:30 We sat by the river to relax and talk. My partner mentioned she was experiencing the nice MDMA body sensations that she normally feels, but except for feeling altered, I didnít feel much more. I ate a large breakfast Ė I also weigh ~95kg, so slow absorption and needing more to feel the same effects perhaps explains it. I closed my eyes and my hearing did seem altered, cars moving down a nearby road seemed more Ď3Dí.

+2:00 We decided to head into the forest, so I took the 50mg bomb and headed off.

+2:30 As we walked through the forest my vision was quite altered, my acuity seemed to be increased, and the was a different Ďfeelí to things I saw.
We had a pleasant walk, collected a lot of apples, then headed back to our apartment to relax.

+3:00 mins I decided to key another 60mg and my partner another 50 mg (I know this is pushing it regarding optimal bump times) and we cuddled on the bed listening to some music.

+3:30 mins I was feeling strong effects now. It was a bit intense at first but soon settled down. For the next few hours, I lay cuddling with my partner and we explored each other. We explored issues from our own past, defined our core values, and had deep and meaningful conversations. Talking and sharing felt easy. We have a relationship where weíve agreed to be fully honest with each other, so such sharing isnít unusual, but it just felt right at that moment in time. I also had a couple of realisations which are going to take time to process.

+7:30 My partner wondered what effect GBL would have now we were on the come down. I decided to take 1.2 ml (my usual dose is 2-2.5) and my partner 0.6 ml.

+7:50 The head space was totally altered, but there was a nice synergy. Music felt really good and I had a warm glow throughout my body. Jaw tension did increase though. I didnít feel as altered as I usually would after 1.2 ml, so over the next 40 minutes I took another 1.8ml.

+8:30 I was pleasantly altered, so I decided to smoke a couple of bowls of weed. This is where things got really interesting. Iím guessing it was synergy with the MDMA rather than the G, but I started to feel really high. I lay on the bed and noticed my vision was starting to become seriously altered. The walls and ceiling were covered with faint red and green blotches. This progressed over the next 30 minutes to red and green octagonal shapes covering all surfaces. I was feeling decidedly trippy and dissociated.

+9:20 Music sounded much deeper and more meaningful, and with eyes closed I didnít experience CEVs as such, but clear visions, first of objects, but soon of detailed scenes. Time seemed to stretch, and each song took forever to finish. I also experienced intense body load (this was pleasant) and a sense of massive space beyond my eyes. Each time I opened my eyes, the visuals had progressed, the octagonal shapes mixing with flashing squares. I experienced anxiety at first, as I wasnít expecting any of these effects. I decided to relax into it and just accept what comes. This lead to a fantastic ecstatic body feeling Ė sometimes I seemed to merge with the bed. I drifted in this state until sleep finally took me. I woke up feeling slightly altered but refreshed.

Exp Year: 2020ExpID: 114882
Published: Nov 3, 2020Views: 203
MDMA (3), GBL (89) : Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)