Does Work, but Mildly
Blue Lotus
by Rogerthecat
Citation:   Rogerthecat. "Does Work, but Mildly: An Experience with Blue Lotus (exp115384)". Erowid.org. Apr 27, 2021. erowid.org/exp/115384

smoked Lotus/Lily - Nymphaea nouchali var caerulea (ground / crushed)
    oral Lotus/Lily - Nymphaea nouchali var caerulea (tea)
    oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine

Thoughts about Blue Lotus

I am a 56 year old, heavy set and physically robust man but with some back pain from an old injury. I have used alcohol, cannabis and tobacco since I was a teenager. I am not addicted to weed or alcohol but years of occasional use mean I don't get bombed on one joint and a Budweiser. I have tried a few herbs over the years that were supposed to do something but didn't, so consider that I am not overly susceptible to the placebo effect.

I tried Blue Lotus as weed is not too easy for me to get and wanted some kind of easier to obtain substance for relaxation and pain relief. Having read various reports I obtained 15g of Blue Lotus (nymphaea caerulea) from an online store. I had not eaten on the day (took the stuff at around 3pm) and was in a stable and balanced frame of mind.

The timeline for the experience is as follows:

T:00 Ground about 5g of the very pretty flowers and plant matter with a weed grinder. Smoked some of it in a piece and made some tea. I made the tea as I would normally and then added some wine and nuked it a few times, stirring all the time. So, the tea was a hot water/hot red wine mix
the tea was a hot water/hot red wine mix
which I set aside. Smoked the bowls:

T: 20 mins: feel like I have had 30mg of codeine.

T: 40mins: drink the tea.

T: 50mins: effects intensified a little; slight opiate high feeling, slight sedation. After this the effects slowly taper off.

Conclusion: I was surprised to find that Blue Lotus did something - no doubt about it there is a genuine effect with this stuff, but for me it didn't feel too different from taking a couple of codeine tablets. I have no idea what a higher dose for me would be like and not inclined to try as I suspect it would be hard work for not much gain. I experienced some slight relaxation and pain relief but nothing that I couldn't get in easier ways.

This stuff does work, but mildly. I will use the rest, probably mixed with weed when I next get some, and as maybe a night time tea.

Exp Year: 2021ExpID: 115384
Published: Apr 27, 2021Views: 152
Lotus/Lily - Nymphaea nouchali var caerulea (105), Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199) : Combinations (3), First Times (2), Alone (16)