Have you used Psychedelics or MDMA
for anxiety, depression, trauma, or PTSD
Darkness and Demonic Voices
Cannabis ('delta-8-THC' Edible)
by Ralph Whitaker
Citation:   Ralph Whitaker. "Darkness and Demonic Voices: An Experience with Cannabis ('delta-8-THC' Edible) (exp115446)". Erowid.org. Jun 3, 2021. erowid.org/exp/115446

2 oral Cannabis (edible / food)

I decided to eat two Delta 8 THC gummies one night, after my wife had gone to bed. Before I go any further with my experience, I would like state that Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid that very similar to Delta 9 THC, but is considered to be much more mild. However, even though there is a slight difference in potency and chemical structure, this substance can be very powerful and should not be underestimated.

Anyway, I ate the gummies and waited some time for it kick in. I noticed a head change about 45 minutes into experience, and colors became more vibrant. However, there was no mood elevation, but a slight dysphoria began to creep into my psyche.

As the experience carried on, the feeling of dysphoria evolved into a feeling of sheer terror. It triggered a severe panic attack and my heart was pounding out of my chest. I became paranoid and started hearing malicious voices in my head. The voices sounded evil and demonic, and it felt as if an entity was projecting horrifying thoughts into my mind and I was afraid that I might act those thoughts. I had vivid visions of death, suicide, and self mutilation. I felt extremely dizzy and it felt like the world might slip out from under me. It took quite a while for things to come back to normal, but I can say that sipping on cold water and deep breathing kept me somewhat grounded in reality until I eventually came back down to baseline.

A few months later, I ended up in a psychiatric hospital due to suicidality and psychosis. I ended up in the hospital again within three months of the initial hospitalization for the same reasons. I will say that there were some stressful events going on in my life at the time, and I already had mental health issues before I tried Delta 8. However, I believe using this chemical may have made things worse.

[Reported Dose: "50 Mg"]

Exp Year: 2020ExpID: 115446
Published: Jun 3, 2021Views: 1,413
Cannabis (1) : Alone (16), Post Trip Problems (8), General (1)