Comedown Crisis
Methylphenidate (Concerta XR) & Desvenlafaxine
by Dr Robert
Citation:   Dr Robert. "Comedown Crisis: An Experience with Methylphenidate (Concerta XR) & Desvenlafaxine (exp115597)". Erowid.org. Jul 30, 2021. erowid.org/exp/115597

54 mg   Pharms - Methylphenidate
  T+ 24:00 54 mg   Pharms - Methylphenidate
  T+ 0:00 50 mg oral Desvenlafaxine (daily)

Concerta Comedown Crisis

This is a warning for those out there that take Concerta XR from time to time, particularly if you are also taking anti-depressants.

Iíve been a casual user for a few months, and over that time have been taking the red 54mg extended release pill maybe 8 times. It was only on the last time (which was 24hrs after the 7th time) that I realised that I was crashing really hard emotionally. I would have a great day, then the next day, would feel quite morose, anxious, down, and worrysome when I would normally feel like Iím on top of things due to my anti-depressant Ďlifelineí. On this last occasion, I discovered that taking it the next day appeared to be amplifying residual effects still in my system, except I was also quite anxious, irritable and short-tempered. By the afternoon, I was coming down and this is when I sank into a kind of paranoia-fuelled anxiety. My heart rate was also elevated as I was stressed due to the negative thoughts flying through my head. I was full of doom and nothing felt like it was worth it anymore. I went to bed but it was curled up in a ball, trying to comfort and shield myself from any negative. My sleep was shit and disturbed. Itís also winter so I couldnít seem to keep warm.

The next morning it was no better. Didnít feel like anything was worth it anymore. I was numb, empty and on auto-pilot. Zero enthusiasm, zero worth. From rise at 7am ítil about 2pm, it was a slow taper back into some form of normality, with my mind racing from one negative scenario to another.

The pep you get is not worth the depth of despair that you could find yourself in on the comedown. Iíll never take it again.

Exp Year: 2021ExpID: 115597
Published: Jul 30, 2021Views: 242
Pharms - Methylphenidate (114) : Not Applicable (38), Hangover / Days After (46), Depression (15), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3)