Have you used Psychedelics or MDMA
for anxiety, depression, trauma, or PTSD
My Cognition Is Declining
Delta-8-THC
by Time to cut back
Citation:   Time to cut back. "My Cognition Is Declining: An Experience with Delta-8-THC (exp115901)". Erowid.org. Jan 22, 2022. erowid.org/exp/115901

25 - 250 mg oral delta-8-THC (edible / food)

This is not on a single experience. Iím reporting an effect of this particular canabinoid from use over probably 6 months (from what I can track). Iíve used marijuana for long stretches before, but generally smoked. With this Iíve been doing edibles because the vapor oil burns the fuck out of my lungs and gives me a horrible cough (during the days of Covid, I donít like hacking up a lung).

Itís well known that Marijuana causes short term memory issues, but with Delta-8 I feel like itís far more significant with long term use. I work in a profession that requires a lot of focus, but thank god my short term memory isnít much of a factor because lately Iím losing ideas mid-thought
lately Iím losing ideas mid-thought
, which is a rarity for me. Iím typically EXTREMELY quick witted (in a trolling dad kind of way) but Iím getting quieter because I feel my mind and intelligence slipping away.

The event that prompted me to write just occurred. I know that I had a very basic idea about something and two seconds into thinking about it and doing it, I had no clue what I was intending to do. I regularly talk to people, have a specific point to make and kind of trail off to disguise the fact that my mind just lost what I was talking about. Sometimes Iíll answer a question, forget what the question was and listen intently to anything from the other person hinting at what weíre talking about. Iíve done well to hide it so far, but I feel like I have early onset dementia. Itís frightening me a bit, but Iím cutting back and getting off the delta 8 except for occasional weekends. Iím confident that getting it out of my system will help, but Iím not exaggerating when I say I could not have gotten through this experience report without being able to read the previous sentences. Iím functioning fine and I donít think Iím too far gone, but this is the first time I have had this so severely.

Reported Dose: "Up to 250 mg at once. Usually around 25 to 120 right now, as I'm cutting down"

Exp Year: 2021ExpID: 115901
Published: Jan 22, 2022Views: 1,656
delta-8-THC (956) : Unknown Context (20), Post Trip Problems (8), Retrospective / Summary (11)