Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
I Feel the Positive and Negative Effects Immediately
Cocaine
by Eshays
Citation:   Eshays. "I Feel the Positive and Negative Effects Immediately: An Experience with Cocaine (exp115961)". Erowid.org. Jan 6, 2022. erowid.org/exp/115961

IV Cocaine
      Opioids
      Benzodiazepines

Shooting Coke

Injecting cocaine is by far the most intense, euphoric, and pleasurable high. The aftereffects and damage to the body are equally as strong, I would never do it again but even now years later the memory of the feeling stays with me. Iíve also tried meth and heroin as well as other hard drugs, they never really did it for me which Iím glad since they are significantly cheaper than coke.

It was the first drug I had IVíd though I was desensitized to using needles, since Iíve been administering actual medication that way for years.

I push down on the needle and within a few seconds I start to hear a ringing referred to as the Ďbell ringerí, a sort of tinnitus, then my entire body starts vibrating with euphoria like being on a roller coaster. Itís simultaneously overwhelming in intensity but relaxing. My mind rushes with sexual thoughts and there is an extremely strong feeling of being horny, probably the purest form of it. The mind races to show solutions to all my life problems. But before I can appreciate any of this I start coming down with only one thing in mind, to use more.

The comedown is equally the worst I think itís humanly possible to feel. It feels like Iíve been abandoned on a desert island, watching my friends and any hope of survival disappear.

From when I tried it, I had a 3-month period where I would use it on several occasions but because of the poly-drug use nature of my habit and the need to use benzos/opiates to maintain some sanity after, I eventually got to a point where I had to stop everything
. Iíve relapsed on opiates since but not IV coke.

In a way, I feel that IV coke use is as transparent as the hard drug experience goes. What I mean by this is that I feel the positive and negative effects immediately, there is no delusional period like with opiates or something like meth where one becomes psychologically dependent on it before a proper addiction starts.

Iím grateful I never got addicted to it, would not recommend trying it.

Exp Year: 2021ExpID: 115961
Published: Jan 6, 2022Views: 335
Cocaine (13) : Combinations (3), Hangover / Days After (46), Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)