New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
What Happened to the Weekend?
Clonazepam & Fluoxetine
by Miss Fortune
Citation:   Miss Fortune. "What Happened to the Weekend?: An Experience with Clonazepam & Fluoxetine (exp116075)". Erowid.org. Apr 29, 2022. erowid.org/exp/116075

0.5 mg oral Pharms - Clonazepam (daily)
  20 mg oral Pharms - Fluoxetine (daily)

It was my first day of medication. The psych said to take my pills before bedtime--so it was like 11 pm on a Friday when I took my first dose of antidepressants. I'd be alone in my room for the weekend, quarantining and infected with COVID.

I felt them kick in about 30 minutes later--possibly the more of the clonazepam--like a slow cascade of wooziness over my body. Something like a blanket over my nerves. I can liken the feeling to the time I drank a bottle of Robitussin in its ability to make me feel slurry and heavy. An hour later, I was stumbling around my room feeling slightly giddy, but calm. I went to bed.

The next morning I felt like shit. Like an E comedown, totally hungover. Everything felt like weight upon me. But my mind was alright, blank even, and I decided I wanted to spend the day asleep. I think I came to at around 6 PM. I had dinner (zero appetite) and took my meds again at 11 PM (I think). They kicked in as they did, and I proceeded to play one of my best games of League ever. Zero performance anxiety, total calm. Again, there was that feeling of being high but in control of myself mind-wise. The next day, I took my meds a little bit earlier (8PM) just to experiment.

Today is Monday. I woke up at 9 AM to the sound of my phone ringing. I thought it was Sunday, but it's Monday and I'm late to a Zoom meeting. I made it to the call, chipper and well-rested, but in the back of my mind, thoroughly confused. I spent most of the meeting retracing my steps. How the fuck could it be Monday?
How the fuck could it be Monday?

I could not tell you what had really happened between Saturday and Sunday. There's this enormous gap of information and the sequence of events is so unclear to me I kind of want to call up my psychiatrist and ask if this is normal. However, I'm feeling alive and productive enough to write this, so there's that.

So far, I describe this first weekend on Prozac and Rivotril as "question mark?" or "nice and chill, but with much confusion". I'm not sure what kind of changes I'm supposed to be seeing, but in my limited drug experience, the feeling is kind of between cough syrup, ecstasy, and Ambien abuse. Like I'm on the edge of rolling, the bursting chest sensation, but dialed down to 10 decibels. I guess I'll just keep taking it and see if that doesn't cure the numb out of me.

Exp Year: 2022ExpID: 116075
Published: Apr 29, 2022Views: 367
Pharms - Fluoxetine (80), Pharms - Clonazepam (125) : Multi-Day Experience (13), Depression (15), Medical Use (47), Combinations (3), Alone (16)