Support honest drug info, lab drug checking, Shulgin
archiving, harm reduction & benefit enhancement.
[see progress]
We're still 175 donations short of our goal!
$10-$500 Donations Doubled

Donate Cryptocurrency
Spiritually Pleasant Broadening of Awareness
Uva Ursi
by quuzKL
Citation:   quuzKL. "Spiritually Pleasant Broadening of Awareness: An Experience with Uva Ursi (exp116537)". Erowid.org. Jul 27, 2022. erowid.org/exp/116537

1 bowl smoked Uva Ursi

Uva Ursi Experiment

I found some Uva Ursi at a local herb store, and was curious after hearing it be called "kinnikinnik" and reading about its role in smoking blends used by indigenous cultures and that it could induce feelings of drunkeness. I smoked around five bowls over a course of a few months, each time I was bestowed with a shulgin scale + regardless of whether I inhaled or not.

Interestingly, the effects were mild and overall pleasant, not quite like a drunk feeling, but more a calm, spiritually pleasant broadening of awareness. Not quite euphoric but I could see it go that way. Almost a little like a caffeine buzz in a sense, albeit if caffeine wasnt a stimulant. The one thing I did find was that the effect was most prominent when smoked with mindfulness, intention, and respect.

I will experiment more with this plant, perhaps growing it and mixing it with other plants.

Exp Year: 2022ExpID: 116537
Published: Jul 27, 2022Views: 261
Uva Ursi (659) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)