Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 +, support accurate drug info, and get a
beautiful Huichol yarn painting, made by local artists in Mexico.
They're fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch sizes available.)
More of a Mind High
Morning Glory
by morning glory seeds
Citation:   morning glory seeds. "More of a Mind High: An Experience with Morning Glory (exp11826)". Erowid.org. Apr 28, 2021. erowid.org/exp/11826

15 g oral Morning Glory (ground / crushed)
  couple hits smoked Morning Glory (ground / crushed)

I went to my local nursery and bought 4 packets of the seeds (heavenly blue). From that I obtained about 210 seeds or 6 grams. From other peoples reports, I read that 6 grams was enough for a heavy to strong trip. At 8 p.m. I took the seeds orally with a glass of milk to wash them down. My first mistake that I realized later was that I did not ground the seeds up. I sat up for two hours mostly talking to friends on AOL about my 'experiment' with the seeds. To make a long story short nothing happened. Not even minor effects.

This did not stop me to engage in a second attempt. This time I went to a different nursery which had a better deal on the seeds and bought 48 grams of seeds for $8, (or $1 per pack of seeds, which was as cheap as I could find them). I also had about 12 grams of seeds from which I obtained off the internet. I had a grand total of about 60 grams of morning glory heavenly blue seeds. I crushed them all up into a fine powdered using a coffee grinder.

I invited 2 friends over to share in the experience. I decided to take 15 grams of the powder while my friends who were fearing a hardcore trip only took 12 grams. At about 9 p.m. we swallowed our powder by mixing it in water and drinking it. This method of ingestion is terrible because although the actual taste is not bad, the texture of the seeds makes one feel like he is drinking sand. I decided to smoke some in order to help kick in the effects, while my other two friends wanted to be sure what they were feeling were the seeds and not the smoking so they declined. After a little over an hour we started to feel the effects.

We listened to music, played some pool, and looked at the stars. Around midnight we went into my room and hooked up the PS2. By that time we were all sure that the seeds were working. I experienced more of a mind high without any of the really cool things that make people want to trip like visuals and distortions. My eyes were dilated slightly so I knew it was not just the placebo effect. We stayed up until about 1:45 a.m. I even had slight visuals but nothing close to a hard core trip. Later the next morning we all decided that we needed a much higher dose.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 11826
Published: Apr 28, 2021Views: 173
Morning Glory (38) : General (1), First Times (2), Personal Preparation (45), Small Group (2-9) (17)