individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
It Worked for Me and Was Kind of Cool
Cannabis, Codeine & Alcohol
by Why not
Citation:   Why not. "It Worked for Me and Was Kind of Cool: An Experience with Cannabis, Codeine & Alcohol (exp12034)". Erowid.org. Jan 5, 2021. erowid.org/exp/12034

3 bowls smoked Cannabis (flowers)
  T+ 1:00 60 mg oral Codeine (extract)
  T+ 2:00 7 glasses oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)

[Erowid Note: Interactions between opioids and other drugs can be very dangerous. By some estimates, over 95% of opioid-related deaths involve an opioid combined with at least one additional medication or drug, most commonly a sedative or depressant (alcohol, benzodiazepines, or another opioid).]

New Drug Experience

At around 8:00, me and some friends sparked up a few bowls of pot. Got fairly stoned and killed a little time, then I remembered I had these generic tylenol 3 pills. I've heard about getting high off codeine, but never did it because I knew the tylenol in the pills was bad for the liver in excess. So I looked up the codeine FAQ and found the procedure for extracting the codeine, and figured, what the hell. So I ended up with whatever codeine was contained in 18 pills, maybe an hour after the pot split the concoction with a friend.

The pills had 8 mg each of codeine, so in theory it was 72 mg, but some was likely lost in trying to extract it. Almost instantly, I felt full of energy and laughter, felt like I needed to get up and jump around. Then I began to feel really calm, almost numb, but very alert and relaxed. It was really a cool feeling. This lasted for at least an hour or two. When I started coming down, people started showing up at my place for a party, and I was still feeling good from earlier but didn't want to drink because codeine / alcohol wasn't recommended on the medicine bottle.

I eventually had a beer, then another, and the alcohol hit me fast and hard. I probably had 6-7 drinks that night, feeling like it was much much more. But the whole time I felt totally calm and relaxed, but also energetic.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 12034
Published: Jan 5, 2021Views: 812
Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199), Cannabis (1), Codeine (14) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Combinations (3), First Times (2), General (1)