More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
First Try and Won't Be the Last
Cocaine
by Kelly
Citation:   Kelly. "First Try and Won't Be the Last: An Experience with Cocaine (exp12127)". Erowid.org. Sep 18, 2017. erowid.org/exp/12127

4 lines insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)

I recently tried coke for the first time at my guy friend's house while he was throwing a party. He broke it out on the table, and asked me if I wanted a few lines. At first I was really scared, since I had been told all these stories about people dying the first time they snorted. I decided to do it anyway. I snorted 2 lines in each nostril, and felt the 'drip' that everyone talks about go down my throat.

3-5 minutes later.. I experienced numbing in my face, and my lips..which felt so good.

5-10 minutes..my whole body felt numb, and I became extremely talkative, even to people I didn't know, which is rare for me.

15 minutes.. I swear to God, I was on top of the world..I felt fearless, and had no cares at all

25 minutes later..I was still high..and had lots of energy..I kept applying carmex to my lips which made them feel even number.

30-35 minutes later..I slowed down, and my high started to slow down as well..I still felt great however.

45 minutes later..I was beginning to feel tired..and actually beginning to crave even more cocaine.

I eventually passed out about an hour after my whole experience, waking up the next morning feeling not too great. All I could think about was getting my hands on more cocaine..and wondering what it felt like to mix it w/ other drugs. It really scared me to even wonder about these things. For the past week, I have had trouble sleeping, and horrible cravings for cocaine.. Even though I only tried it once, I have a feeling it will find a place in my life once again.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 12127
Published: Sep 18, 2017Views: 1,015
Cocaine (13) : First Times (2), Hangover / Days After (46), Large Group (10+) (19)