Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
The Crush
Cocaine
by Lashes M.
Citation:   Lashes M.. "The Crush: An Experience with Cocaine (exp1231)". Erowid.org. Oct 18, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1231

1.0 g insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)

I was 17 years old when I firsly entered the imaginary world of chemicals. I started with ecxtasy pills, continued with lsd, tried crack, snifed heroin and finally I tried 'the magic dust' as my clubbing friends used to call it...Cocaine.

I remember it was christmas eve 1995. I had taken 2 ecxtasy pills but I still wanted sth more. So my friend elisa's. Had the idea of us trying something different..Cocaine.That was it!! I had just commited the 'biggest crime' of my life. From that moment and on my life had become a battle for finding the coke. I spend any dime I ever got, from my work or parents in purchasing coke. I felt sick 24hrs/day using or not cocaine...My life was a living hell.

My friends tried to tell me to slow down but I thought I could control it. My dosage went from 4 lines to 2gr and I lost 20pounds in one month...My hair started to lose its shine, my nails broke easier, my face was like a 30 years old lady. It was terrible until one day I saw one of my best friends die from a stroke provoked my cocaine overdose. That was the beginning of my struggle of rehab. I have been clear for a year now and my life has got a meaning again...

Exp Year: 1995ExpID: 1231
Published: Oct 18, 2000Views: 9,418
Cocaine (13) : Various (28), Addiction & Habituation (10), Health Problems (27)