Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Not Recommended Before Sleep
Salvia divinorum
by Grant
Citation:   Grant. "Not Recommended Before Sleep: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp1261)". Erowid.org. Oct 18, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1261

smoked Salvia divinorum (extract)

I am what you would call a 'recreational' drug user, and an adventerous person. Salvia intrigued me, and I found a willing supplier online.

Uncertain of dosage, I started with a small joint of very dry leaves. To my dissapointment, all I received was a fuzzy head.(I felt like some glue sniffing kid) Out of frustration, I grabbed about 1/4 oz of leaves, and processed them as you would pot, with methyl hydrate as the solvent. I ended up with what looked like hash oil.

Later that night, after hitting the bars, I came home and rolled up a pot dobbie, (to help me sleep). I smeared about 50% of it with salvia oil. By the time I had inhaled half the dube, I was very buzzed. I staggered upstairs to lay down, and quickly passed out. I was then rewarded with a small slice of hell. My night was filled with horrific visions of crab-legged people and periods of nothingness. At one point I felt I was in the vacuum of space,I awoke and almost screamed, but couldn't, as there was no air in my lungs. After regaining my composure,(and breath) I drifted back off. I awoke 12 hrs later, feeling as though I hadn't slept at all. I will never do Salvia before bed again.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1261
Published: Oct 18, 2000Views: 11,971
Salvia divinorum (44) : Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)