Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Physically Sick & Panic Attack
Caffeine
by Ani
Citation:   Ani. "Physically Sick & Panic Attack: An Experience with Caffeine (exp12941)". Erowid.org. Dec 1, 2004. erowid.org/exp/12941

8 tablets oral Caffeine (pill / tablet)

I had a big assignment due the next day, do i decided that instead of drinking a million cups of coffee like I had the last time I pulled an all nighter (and got very sick), I thought caffiene pills would keep me awake but not make me nauseas. I started at about 7 pm, with one pill, then another after about an hour.

I became very alert but after a while, I stopped being able to focus and while on the phone with a friend for a short while he commented on how little sense I was making. I continued to take the pills when I felt I was 'coming down' until about 3 am. At about 4 am, I became so physically sick I had to stop doing my assignment. I decided to go lie down and try to sleep. Unable to sleep, I had a sort of panic attack and sat upright in my bed, rocking back and forth. I was convinced that if I fell asleep right then I would die, and that if I lied down I would fall asleep. I thought at that time that I had the ability to end my life at any moment simply by lying back down. After some amount of time (I have no idea how long this continued for), I went to sleep. I was sick the next morning and had a 'caffeine hangover' for three days.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 12941
Published: Dec 1, 2004Views: 15,099
Caffeine (11) : Overdose (29), Hangover / Days After (46), Difficult Experiences (5), School (35)