Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Dreaming a New Reality
Salvia divinorum
by Not a stuffy guy
Citation:   Not a stuffy guy. "Dreaming a New Reality: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp12943)". Erowid.org. Nov 6, 2003. erowid.org/exp/12943

smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 10x)

Tried it by myself one evening after work. Smoked it in a water pipe by the prescribed method that was suggested. I did not have a sober partner at the time. I got into a relaxed mood and took a small hit then bigger one holding it for 45 seconds. Didn't think I held it long enough and took one more small one. First of all am I the only one that thinks it taste like a strong black tea.

When I went to put the pipe down I was now in a new reality. I kept thinking a group of people were telling me what to do and go. The room seemed to have blinking lights. I had to walk a bit to my bed to lay down. Hardest thing I have ever done.

It only took 2 minutes to get an effect. While laying down I kept wondering between a spanish casa to a jungle hut. I think I was having a conversation in spanish and I only talk english.

The trip lasted a good half an hour with a nice calm for about an hour with no headache. Also I had no shortness of breath or paranoia. Something I will be sharing with others. I think though if I do this with a group that one person should be sober for those that are not as calm. May want to try this in a hot tub.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 12943
Published: Nov 6, 2003Views: 7,303
Salvia divinorum (44) : First Times (2), Alone (16)