Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Yo Yo Ma
Yohimbe
by Stooper2
Citation:   Stooper2. "Yo Yo Ma: An Experience with Yohimbe (exp13109)". Erowid.org. Jun 25, 2007. erowid.org/exp/13109

2 Tbsp oral Yohimbe (tea)

After reading about this stuff I thought I would give it a shot.

It's Friday afternoon. At lunch I stepped out from work and slid on over to the local health store. There I found a 2oz bag of Yohimbe Bark (corynanthe yohimbe). I figured for $4.20 it's worth a shot.

I got back to my office and boiled some water. I took about 2tbl spoons of these wood chips and let them steep in the water for about 15min. I added some honey tasted then added lots more honey.

I have a mate` straw that I use to drink loose tea from so I started sippin. I finished it (12oz) in about a half hour. That was at 2pm. It's now about 4:30 and I'm not feeling all that great. I have chill like symptoms. I'm sweating a lot. My eyes are red and even while I write this I'm cramping up like a good super colon blow is in my near future. Definitely speed like sensations. Slight headache and nervousness. Not the 'I'm feeling like doing something' kind of buzz.

I already made plans for this evening and am seriously thinking about calling them off. I continue to get rushes about every 30sec. So far it's not like I hate it or anything but I wouldn't call it much fun just kinda weird.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 13109
Published: Jun 25, 2007Views: 15,060
Yohimbe (96) : Alone (16), First Times (2)