Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
A Subtle Rush
Modafinil & Alcohol
by apathie
Citation:   apathie. "A Subtle Rush: An Experience with Modafinil & Alcohol (exp13311)". Erowid.org. May 10, 2003. erowid.org/exp/13311

800 mg oral Modafinil (pill / tablet)
    repeated oral Alcohol (liquid)

Last night me and a few friends decided to head into NYC and go to a club. On our way there, I purchased some beer for a friend and I, and in return he gave me 2 (two) 200mg pills of Provigil in response to my complaint because we has no amphetamines left. He said to take the pills and that they'll keep me going through the night.

I had a lot of money to burn, so after we got into the club, I immediately started drinking beer after beer and a few mixed drinks. After a while I was feel rather good. The Provigil kept the sleepiness of alcohol away and helped me move and produced clearer more concise thoughts. This was definetely a lot of fun, and I continued to dance and talk and the likes.

For the next few hours, I drank steadily and got to the point where I could no longer fully stay awake, so I found 2 more Provigil and a half hour later, I was right back up to where I was, but with an increased sense of euphoria. I was extremely upbeat, happy and the music sounded good, so it all created an extremely nice atmosphere.

Around came 4 or 5am and I decided to head home. I tried rather hard to sleep and when I got back up and went to work, I still felt it with me. It was really sort of reassuring because otherwise I have a hard time staying active.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 13311
Published: May 10, 2003Views: 29,821
Modafinil (217), Alcohol (61) : Combinations (3), Club / Bar (25)