Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
What Nitrous Really Feels Like
Nitrous Oxide
by Greened
Citation:   Greened. "What Nitrous Really Feels Like: An Experience with Nitrous Oxide (exp1374)". Erowid.org. Nov 2, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1374

inhaled Nitrous Oxide (gas)

so, nitrous. what does it really do you ask. well i'll tell you. first off you need the whipped cream nitrous containers (little silver tubes), some balloons and a cracker. there are different kinds of crackers-the one we use is a commercial whipped cream container. there are also electronic crackers.

be sure to sit down, preferably with a wall behind you. my friend set up the balloons and we bobbled our balloons (a toast of some sorts). the actual act!! breathe in the balloon and exhale back into the balloon, continue this as long as you can...

my personal experience was great. i was huffing the balloon and everything began to slow down, the music slowed to a beat that i could see and people began to have that colour trails when they moved. everything was perfect and i was content with all. i began to see the molecules in the air and then i couldn't breathe deeply anymore. i wasn't hyperventilating but i was taking really shallow breaths. then i couldn't huff the balloon any longer and collapsed against the wall. now some people inhale to the point of blacking out, i haven't done that personally. as for me though, i was laying on my buddy's shoulder, my eyelids fluttering and feeling orgasmic. as if there was an explosion that left me with complete peace, relaxation and happiness. fantasmic--oh my!! my new drug of choice. smiles and bobbles.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1374
Published: Nov 2, 2000Views: 22,948
Nitrous Oxide (40) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)