Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Crazy Nutmeg
Nutmeg
by Nathalie
Citation:   Nathalie. "Crazy Nutmeg: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp1379)". Erowid.org. Oct 20, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1379

20 g   Nutmeg

Well, to start off my experience, it all started on a day that I was with my boyfriend and we were considering taking something that could cheer us up a bit. As a matter of fact we are both experienced with certain types of drugs (my boyfriend more than I) and we wanted to try something totally different. Then the idea came up to try nutmeg. After having 20gm of nutmeg each, we still felt normal. After 5 hours I felt a little dizzy. My boyfriend, on the other hand, thought he was seeing things that weren't there. I didn't see anything. I thought that that was nothing to worry about. Then I went home and slept. From reading the other stories that are written by other people on this site, it said that you are supposed to fall in a deep sleep. Well, l I woke up two times that night. One time at one o'clock, about 7 hours after I took the nutmeg, and I had a terrible stomachache. I crawled to the bathroom and tried to hang on the side of the bathtub for a while. My head started spinning like crazy. I fainted. After waking up again, I still felt dizzy and went back to my bed. The next morning my eyes looked like I had smoke a whole lot of weed. They were kinda red and half-closed. I still felt dizzy for the rest of the day and very hungover, like I had drunk a whole lot of alcohol the night before, even though I didn't drink anything.

In conclusion to this crazy nutmeg experience, I will never do that again. I didn't have any pleasure from it and it just made me feel sick. I'm happy I tried it, though, because I was always curious what an overdose of spices can do to you. I surely found out.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1379
Published: Oct 20, 2000Views: 23,756
Nutmeg (41) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Difficult Experiences (5), General (1)