Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Trippin' Hard for the First & Last Time
LSD
by Brocker
Citation:   Brocker. "Trippin' Hard for the First & Last Time: An Experience with LSD (exp1426)". Erowid.org. Oct 20, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1426

1 hit oral LSD (blotter / tab)

It was my first time experimenting with acid and I was really anxious to try it. I took my hit at about 1am and it took good effect at 2am. I remember I was lying on the floor watching this weird movie, it looked like a screen saver. Weird images just kept coming out of the screen and they were getting faster and faster. I could actually feel myself getting scared, so I had the people I was with turn off the movie. I then started to stare at the ceiling which had neat patterns all over it, then the patterns started moving and shooting all over the ceiling.

The next thing I knew, I was floating up to the ceiling and I was laughing. Once I reached the ceiling, I turned over and saw myself lying on the floor. I started talking to my human self and I was actually talking back!! My ghost self and human self were having a deep conversation about my life! What seemed like 20 minutes was really 3 hours and I finally snapped out of it. When I came to, I decided to smoke a cigarette. I could feel the smoke shoot down my lungs and I could feel it moving around in my body. I moved to the couch and some of the non-tripping people that were there decided to put on these scary masks and scare us. I knew it was fake but it seemed so real, and behind them I saw a flashing white light and people from like the 1940s, ballroom dancing and whispering my name over and over again. I finally stopped tripping at around 2 the next day and I would not recommend this to anyone.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1426
Published: Oct 20, 2000Views: 17,496
LSD (2) : Unknown Context (20), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2)