Hand-Crafted Glass Molecules!
Donate $150+ and get an art glass molecule.
(Pick caffeine, DMT, dopamine, ethanol, harmine, MDMA,
mescaline, serotonin, tryptamine, nitrous, THC, or psilocybin)
AMTrip to the Hospital
AMT (alpha-methyl-tryptamine)
Citation:   sonar. "AMTrip to the Hospital: An Experience with AMT (alpha-methyl-tryptamine) (exp14531)". Erowid.org. May 9, 2002. erowid.org/exp/14531

T+ 0:00
30 mg oral AMT (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:30 30 mg oral AMT (powder / crystals)
  T+ 1:30 30 mg oral AMT (powder / crystals)
  T+ 3:30 30 mg oral AMT (powder / crystals)
Well I first decided to try AMT, because it was one of the few research chemicals that didn't have any deaths attributed to it yet (a plus) unlike 2C-T-7 and that shizzle. So I went ahead and ordered 1g, got it on a friday, but forgot to order the scale so I waited until monday to order that. However, my friend and I couldn't wait so to get an approximate (if you can even call it that) dosage we dumped it all out and split it into 10 equal piles and each took a 1/3 of 1 pile (~33mg). So we swallowed it (in a cap) and waited for the effects. I got a weird feeling in my head and this lasted for about an hr then I just got this weird smile on my face, was happy. Some people say its kind of like ecstasy, but I didn't really find it to be all that pronounced. All the lights kind of had a nice glow around them and shadows looked cool (this was at night). This was my first actual psychedelic drug. Anyways, it was a nice experience, I experienced a little nausea but nothing I would puke on. After that I tripped about 3 more times, but I actually had a scale and measure out 30-35mg each time. This was all before my bad experience.

So April 28 (sunday) my friend and I rolled that night and were still up @ 6am so we decided to just stay awake. Somehow we got the idea to trip on AMT during the day while my mom was gone. So she left for work and we started out dosing. First I only took 30mg, about 30min later I took another 30mg because I decided it was time to actually SEE something! I had never had an open-eyed visual before with my previous trips. So to make the long story short my friend kept making pills and I kept taking them. The thing about AMT is it is such a long experience it takes time to hit peak. So around noon (+4hrs) I started to see my first open-eyed visuals. I was amazed as I looked at the grass across the ditch in my backyard and my dog and my mother's plants and such. So we decided to go and rent Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. OMG that is the weirdest movie on the planet. I only watched about 30min of it before shutting it off.

So I decided to take 1 last pill at a little after noon. I don't know what I was thinking...this was 120+mg total. At about 1 the trip started to turn bad. I think I realized how much I took and that my mom was going to be home in 5 hrs. I soon became delerious, insane, just straight crazy. One of my sober friends came over and helped pick up my house (we had trashed it) and him and my tripmate realized I was 'way passed baked'. This is the point of no return. There was nothing I could do, I couldn't sleep, or relax. I was spurting off random things and kept tossing and turning on my bed. I was begging one of them to knock me out.

Then the trip proceeded to get worse. My little brother came home. He's straight as an arrow, no drugs, he's 16. I think I scared the shit out of him. At about 3:30 my friend and my brother decided they need to take me somewhere to settle me down before my mom gets home. So we got in his car and he drove us around trying to find my office building so they could stash me in my office. By this point I was far too gone and it was tough to comprehend things. It was a hot day and I was in the backseat of his car when the real bad visuals started to set in. Soon enough every car became a cop car and every stop light we were surrounded by cops. I started to see spider webs everywhere in the car and bugs and spiders were crawling all over the place. Then the car seats started to corrode away. Now remember I had never seen an open-eye visual before today.

So naturally I started to REALLY freak out. They kept yelling at me to settle down and relax. This just started to freak me out more. Then everything started to get darker and decay more (like molding bread). This is where my memory starts to fog up. I remember in the car with my brother and my friend telling me I needed to snap out of it NOW, because my mom would be home any minute. I remember them yelling 'IF YOU ARE SERIOUS SAM THIS IS THE TIME TO WAKE THE FUCK UP NOW, I AM NOT KIDDING!' and I mean this is in a loud very stern voice.

I thought I was dying and this was the only thing keeping me alive. It was like staring at death right in the face, I remember my heart pounding and not knowing what to do because I couldn't do anything. I wasn't in control. I value control in my life more than almost anything. This is where basically I just fainted or something. My memory stops there and there's a blank spot in my mind for about 30min. The next thing I remember is my dad (he's a doctor) sitting on my bed 'sam what'd you take, whats wrong?' in a nice voice and my mom crying on the phone to the 911 center.

All of a sudden I just started out yelling every drug name I knew. Dilaudid, pcp, etc. Even though I'd never even seen most of them. They knew i was way past gone and I was just scared to death, as everything was still decaying more and more. Then I heard my mom say, he's gone and I just stopped. I remember hearing sirens as everything was melting. I remember seeing a detective I knew (he went to my church) and I thought I was in a funeral parlor because I was seeing ppl I knew. Next thing I remember is seeing the top of the ER room.

I was taken to the hospital in code red condition because my pulse was up to 220bpm. I was on the verge of going into cardiac arrest. Anyways I remember seeing the top of the room (the big lights) which were blue and red for some reason (weird visual). And I shouted 'I'm sorry! and my mom kept saying its ok'. I then thought I was dead and this was the after life. Spiders were still everywhere. This was the scariest moment of my life, truly. I really did think I was dead. I just thought to myself how did I let it get this far? I then woke up the next morning in hospital bed in restraints, with my mom at my side. I was in the hospital from that monday to wednesday night. Just yesterday (monday) I started having flashbacks.

Well, now I'm on my way to my first rehab meeting. Thank you for listening and remember, I think I just psychologically cracked. My mind couldn't handle all the sensory input.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 14531
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: May 9, 2002Views: 31,708
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
AMT (7) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Post Trip Problems (8), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Health Problems (27), Bad Trips (6)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults