Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
The Green Alternative
Damiana
by PsychonautIT
Citation:   PsychonautIT. "The Green Alternative: An Experience with Damiana (exp14543)". Erowid.org. May 10, 2002. erowid.org/exp/14543

smoked Damiana (plant material)

It was just like any other ordinary day and I decided to go to the local Mexican store to purchase something to cook on the BBQ. I had read about many legal alternatives for illegal substances; such as marijuana. I read about an herb called Damiana, which is supposed to produce a high sort of like marijuana. As I was ordering some Arachera(Mexican beef), I spotted the green leaves over my shoulder. The bag consisted of brown stems and a lot of green shaky leaves. So I did what curious george would do in one of his books and I bought a ounce bag of Damiana. As soon as I got to my friend's house, I brewed one teaspoon worth of the leaves in boiling water for 10 minutes. I then began to sip on it for 15 minutes. I had a cigarette and I felt as if I had smoked a joint.

I then got even more curious about the substance and decided to pack a bowls worth one evening while I was slightly intoxicated on weed and alcohol. So I took 3 big lung full hits and waited for results. I then began to feel extremely energetic and could not sit still. I then went outside and smoked 3 more bowls of Damiana and I climbed up a pole in a matter of seconds (I am a lazy stoner). I then wanted to talk and run forever. I would definitely compare this to the effects of cocaine. I have used this substance once or twice since. I also drank too much of the tea one day and had a nasty headache and stomach ache. Be careful and have fun!

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 14543
Published: May 10, 2002Views: 35,302
Damiana (107) : Various (28), Preparation / Recipes (30), Retrospective / Summary (11)