Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Hallucinogenic Nutmeg Experience
Nutmeg
by BC
Citation:   BC. "Hallucinogenic Nutmeg Experience: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp1494)". Erowid.org. Oct 25, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1494

24 nuts oral Nutmeg (ground / crushed)

Mindset/Setting was youthful vigor and good unclean fun; music and wandering around outdoors were intended.

No psychological or spiritual preparations were made for the experience. However, the inherent pomp involved with grating vast amounts of nutmeg in a specially-obtained grater was great fun, and so we were very amused when we consumed it. (Took with friends. I report only on myself.)

Dosage was 24 nuts for myself (200lb, age 18), consumed at one time, perhaps 7pm; I had awoken at about 8am that day.

I didn't notice any particular effects that evening; I went to bed and slept unusually well. Upon awaking, I had a marked sense of well-being and of time having not passed since falling asleep. I could not say that I felt very 'high' during the day, but periodically I became very...engaged with visual or auditory phenomena. As I spent the day in classes at college, I was not particularly inclined to try to just 'trip out' the entire time; while I was able to conduct myself normally throughout the day, I had a feeling of 'strangeness' which persisted the entire day and part of the next. I experienced one exaggerated visual hallucination which felt quite different from any other hallucinogen I have experienced, since I did not recognize it as a hallucination. I was mentally alert and did not seem disorganized or intoxicated to the people I talked to that day. During the course of the trip, I experienced changes in perception (sight, sound) and sensation (I felt especially relaxed and comfortable). I was 'mellowed out' quite a bit; I felt really comfortable and pleased the whole day (not euphoric, but noticably happy). I experienced no appreciable or memorable side effects, either during the course of the drug or in the days after taking it. I had a decreased appetite during the trip. Attempting to summarize my experience, I would say that it was a casual and mild experience with a very different nature from other hallucinogens.

I was taking/using no other medications/drugs at that time, and was somewhat overweight but in decent cardiovascular health (skiing etc). It was winter in a northern climate (65 degrees N), temperatures pleasant (0 F).

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1494
Published: Oct 25, 2000Views: 25,157
Nutmeg (41) : Various (28), General (1)