Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
Ate Too Much Brownies and Had a Bad Trip
Cannabis
by george
Citation:   george. "Ate Too Much Brownies and Had a Bad Trip: An Experience with Cannabis (exp14979)". Erowid.org. Apr 7, 2005. erowid.org/exp/14979

0.75 oz oral Cannabis (cookie / food)

Decided to make some Marijuana brownies for the 1st time, really had no idea what I was getting into.

I made one pie sized batch of brownies with about 1.5oz of finely chopped marijuana. I ate about the size of a small piece of pie to start out. After 45 minutes without feeling any effect, I decided to have another. Another 45 minutes of feeling next to nothing I finished off one half of the total brownies. One and a half hours after the last brownie, I began to feel the effects. 15 minutes after the first feelings of being high I reached a euphoric state where every stimulation felt incredibly good and I felt very warm. 5-10 minutes later I could no longer tolerate any sounds because they felt too intense, next I couldn't look at bright colors. I laid down, and became progressively worse.

Minutes seemed like spans of 2-3 hours, visual images/hallucinations came in rapid succession, changed very rapidly and were very intense, with no stop for the next 3-4 hours. Everything I looked at turned into a chain of images/feelings/thoughts going back to my very earliest memories that were either long forgotten or repressed. It was all I could do to worry if I would ever come down from this high. I decided to make myself barf, which did help, though not alot. I went to sleep at about 9, still very uncomfortably high. I woke the next morning and was in a dream state for the entire next 2 days. During those days I had numerous uncontrollable twitches and muscle spasms. After 3-4 days I began to feel normal again.

All and all this was a terrifying experience, and I urge 1st time 'eaters' to give at least 2-3 hours for the THC to be absorbed before eating more.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 14979
Published: Apr 7, 2005Views: 17,877
Cannabis (1) : Overdose (29), Multi-Day Experience (13), Bad Trips (6), Alone (16)