Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Woah, This is Some Crazy Shit!
Nutmeg
by Klassy
Citation:   Klassy. "Woah, This is Some Crazy Shit!: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp1530)". Erowid.org. Oct 25, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1530

3 nuts oral Nutmeg (ground / crushed)

New Year's Eve 1999
I thought I'd try something different for such an important night. I took 3 or four whole nutmeg nuts, ground them up in a cheesegrater, put the powder in a glass of water and drank it. It was pretty gross, but I choked it down. I took it at 2 in the afternoon. I did this because I was planning on leaving to go to a party at 8:00 and I heard it takes 6 hours to kick in. Good timing. At around 8:00, before I left, I was watching a movie in my living room with my brother and his girlfriend. It kicked in really fast. My legs went really numb, like I'd been riding a bike for a long time. I broke out laughing and couldn't stop. I got up and looked around. When I moved my head, I didn't see the room move, it was more like a series of still shots--hard to describe. So anyway, I walked to the party. When I got there, I had about 1/2 a bottle of wine and that's it. The wine tasted really bad because of the nutmeg. Everyone was partying and I felt really anti-social. My girlfriend came in late and when I saw her I didn't really feel too excited to see her. I heard the song 'Re-arranged' by Limp Bizkit and it sounded WAY better while on nutmeg. I could hear every layer of music, every instrument. I looked really stoned...red eyes, sluggish and generally wasted.

I don't remember much after the clock struck twelve. One thing I do remember is sitting on a couch and my girlfriend came up to me and just touched my shoulder. It felt like she grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. I freaked out and she tells me that I was really frightening...it looked like I was gonna smack her or something (but of course I didn't and had no intention of doing so.) Man, I was hallucinating. I fell asleep not much later. The next morning I felt like shit (like I was hung over) and I spent the day sleeping.

Exp Year: 1999ExpID: 1530
Published: Oct 25, 2000Views: 5,304
Nutmeg (41) : Large Group (10+) (19), General (1)