More than Dabbling
DXM
by xsotcs
Citation:   xsotcs. "More than Dabbling: An Experience with DXM (exp15301)". Erowid.org. Jun 11, 2002. erowid.org/exp/15301

oral DXM (liquid)

Well, this report is to describe my various experiences with RoboMax, the only form of DXM that I've ever taken. I estimate that I've taken about 250 trips, all within the past 2 1/2 years.

My trouble is, I just cannot seem to quit. I know it might sound kind of stupid, but I've been doing this and the Dramamine/Benadryl thing for quite some time now and I'm beginning to worry about the damage to my liver, kidneys, etc. I haven't had too many problems yet, besides irregular digestion and an occasional heart murmurs.

I HAVE tried seeking professional help, but to no avail. I keep finding myself in the grocery or drug store looking to see if anyone is looking since I am too poor to buy it as often as I've become accustomed to using it. I write this only to let you know what it can do to you, even though I still experience the euphoria that we all know accompanies the DXM trip on most occasions. However, it is less frequent now and merely leaves me with a headache and slow thinking for a day or two.

It can be fun, especially with a partner or two, but it does something to the brain that I haven't figured out yet and it seems to be very controlling. Call me a lamer if you like, but I think that this is a fair warning for those who are ultimately going to get carried away with this seemingly 'harmless' OTC. Have fun and be safe.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 15301
Published: Jun 11, 2002Views: 16,236
DXM (22) : Various (28), Loss of Magic (34), Hangover / Days After (46), Addiction & Habituation (10), Health Problems (27), Retrospective / Summary (11)