Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Yup, It's Natural.
Vermont
by Traveler
Citation:   Traveler. "Yup, It's Natural.: An Experience with Vermont (exp16129)". Erowid.org. Jul 19, 2002. erowid.org/exp/16129

Not currently taking any medications
Had been sober for weeks prior
Mindset: joy, excitement

Knowing I was going to be heading on a roadtrip over the July 4th weekend, my excitement had been growing for several weeks prior. Once we left the confines of the city I felt all of the neurasthenic neuroses fall away desite the ungodly heat falling on the Northeast at the time. Route 2 became less crowded as we headed west and the heat began to disappate once we headed north into Vermont.

I knew it was beautiful, but I wasn't prepared for the extraordinary sights that the descending sun gave us. The mountains grew taller and more lushly verdant the further north we headed. The rays shone through the tree branches and I smiled at the sight of every vista (even minor ones). Such a feeling of joy could only remind one of MDMA or some such thing, but Vermont (and spectacular weather/atmospheric conditions) won't destroy your short-term memory or give you HPPD.

I highly recommend a strong dose. Frequently.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 16129
Published: Jul 19, 2002Views: 5,129
Endogenous (86) : Not Applicable (38), Glowing Experiences (4)