New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Sleeping while Awake
Melatonin & Caffeine
by Nach0x
Citation:   Nach0x. "Sleeping while Awake: An Experience with Melatonin & Caffeine (exp16223)". Erowid.org. Jun 18, 2007. erowid.org/exp/16223

oral Caffeine (liquid)
  21 mg oral Melatonin (pill / tablet)

Had been awake for 12 hours. Dosed around 3am. Took 5 12oz sodas to provide extra stimulation to stay awake.

While coming up, my body became warm for several minutes, much like coming up on ecstasy. I always end up taking my shirt off, something we could associate with going to sleep. I've also experimented with hallucinogens, and this is similar to that class of drugs, without the side effects. There is no visuals, no stupor, and no loss of motor skills. There is, however, a very slight body high.

This is the most melatonin I've experimented with at one time. Lucid hallucinations occur, as if I'm sleeping. Everything that would have been covered in dreams comes to my mind while conscious. The more that's on my mind, the more I've enjoyed past trips.

I also found that eye hand coordination is vastly improved, through playing a video game. In GT2, intense situations seem to be in slow motion, and I accomplish things I haven't been able to while not under the influence.

It acted therapeutic in ways MDMA, Psylocibin, or Lysergic Acids did. It's a mild, conscious, and sane head trip.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 16223
Published: Jun 18, 2007Views: 17,002
Melatonin (94), Caffeine (11) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)