Sweeping Calmness
Alprazolam (Xanax)
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Sweeping Calmness: An Experience with Alprazolam (Xanax) (exp16880)". Erowid.org. Feb 10, 2004. erowid.org/exp/16880

0.25 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)

I've recently begun to have problems with anxiety attacks in addition to depression. Cannabis usually helped to calm me when I had attacks, but it wasn't always available when one was triggered.

One morning before I left for work I noticed the usual symptoms of an oncoming attack, but I knew that it would be difficult to function at work if I smoked. I decided to look through our medicine cabinet to see if we had something, anything to get me through it. I came upon a nearly full bottle of Xanax, and took a .25 mg dose at 7:45 a.m. The onset took about 20 minutes, and I was feeling better, almost normal. At 30 minutes I was extremely calm and the symptoms of the attack were gone. Once I arrived at work I found it was somewhat difficult to concentrate, but nothing extreme. I also noticed that I was speaking more slowly than usual, but I was too relaxed to try to sound normal.

Around 10 a.m. I was getting pretty lethargic, but I was completely enjoying it. I wanted nothing more than to just sit at my desk and stare out the window. This relaxed state lasted throughout the day, and I went home and slept the best night's sleep I had had in 3 months.

The symptoms of Xanax reminded me of Valium, but without the difficulty moving and thinking I have with Valium. It is definitely a good drug to help with anxiety/stress/sleeping trouble, but I wouldn't recommend taking it before driving.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 16880
Published: Feb 10, 2004Views: 66,779
Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : General (1), Health Benefits (32), Various (28)