Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
Something to Try
5-MeO-DMT
by Timmy the Tooth
Citation:   Timmy the Tooth. "Something to Try: An Experience with 5-MeO-DMT (exp17941)". Erowid.org. Oct 5, 2002. erowid.org/exp/17941

25 mg insufflated 5-MeO-DMT (powder / crystals)

I really had nothing to do one night, and my friend had been raving about this drug he had tried. He gave a little background on it and I said 'What the hell'. We continued to crush what we believed to be approximately 25mg. into two lines. This was my first time insufflating anything, but I knew that I was to expect a burning in my nostrils and the ever so dreaded nasal drip. I blew the lines, one in each nostril, and sat back in a chair, listening to 'Blinded By the Light' by Manfred Mann.

I began to feel a sensation in my mouth, and by 'clanking' or 'chattering' my teeth, I would experience a very pleasing wave of sensation throughout my mouth and head. All of a sudden, it hit me with a rush. My enter body felt as if waves of energy were hitting me and my hands began to shake. I felt confined and uneasy, because of the small room I was in, and went to the bathroom thinking that I should vomit. One point I should add is that I do not suggest eating any time prior to trying 5-MEo-DMT, as feelings of nausea are common. I forced myself to throw up, thinking that I would feel better and enjoy the trip/experience more. As I tryed to vomit, I could not concentrate. The trash can looked and felt as if it was vibrating around the floor, shaking non-stop.

My friend calmed me down as I asked him if I was going to need to go to the hospital(thinking that since we didnt REALLY know how much I had ingested, and at my body weight, maybe I was overdosing...keep in mind that I hadnt done my research on the drug). After I calmed down, the experience was extremely enjoyable. I felt as if waves of energy were hitting me, and my touch/feel was very sensitive. I held a cold coke in my hands trying to open it for a few minutes, but couldnt for some reason. I think I just really liked the cold feeling. After the plateau, the coming down was pleasant and the effects eventually ended. I didnt have an 'out of body experience' but I did learn a valuable lesson. Do your research, and know what to expect. My experience would have been much better if I had not just rushed into the occasion to get fucked up.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 17941
Published: Oct 5, 2002Views: 9,727
5-MeO-DMT (58) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2)