Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Horrible.
Sceletium tortuosum
by Dan kNugs
Citation:   Dan kNugs. "Horrible.: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (exp18008)". Erowid.org. Oct 7, 2002. erowid.org/exp/18008

Sceletium tortuosum (ground / crushed)

I ordered an ounce of Sceletium tortuosum offline in hopes to experience a new high.

The day I got it a friend I both smoked a gram with a little bit of quality nugget. Only about half a gram would fit into my bowl at a time, 'cause it doesn't weight too much. We both decided to start puffin'. It doesn't taste too horrible, but nothin' enjoyable either..kind of tasted like puttin' a match out on your tongue, a burnin' sulfar type taste. All we both really felt off of this was just a little marijuana high.

The next night I rolled a fat joint of it, once again with a little bit of top quality nugget. We were gonna see a movie, but instead decided to walk around the mall for a little bit. When we started to walk around, I felt everythin' bein' a little clearer, but nothin' too intense, and it prolly only lasted like 30 minutes. Not too fun.

Then the next day i put 2 grams of the powder into a pudding cup, stirred it around and ate the entire thing. I couldn't taste the Sceletium at all, but it was crunchy and a little got stuck in between my teeth. I waited a while, expectin' for it to kick in in like an hour. About 20 minutes later I thought I started to feel different, but 10 minutes later I realized I was no different then before I ate it.

All in all I would say this is a big waste of money. I now have like 20 grams of this shit that I can do nothin' with. It's the most expensive legal herb I've seen, so I definitely expected at least a high, but it was a total failure.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18008
Published: Oct 7, 2002Views: 14,648
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)