Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
I'm the Old Me Again
Piracetam, Hydergine & Alcohol
by Zola
Citation:   Zola. "I'm the Old Me Again: An Experience with Piracetam, Hydergine & Alcohol (exp18581)". Erowid.org. Nov 6, 2003. erowid.org/exp/18581

800 mg oral Piracetam
  4.5 mg oral Hydergine

Ive taken the regular dose of both piracetam and Hydergine. I took the first dose yesterday, and other one today. While Im writing this report Im under the influence of the second dose, which Ive taken 1 hour ago.
I decided to take it after reading other reports and talking to friends, for 2 reasons: 1- I expect taking this 2 smart drugs with ecstasy pretty soon. 2- Ive been feeling great changes in the way my mind used to work. I forget things much more easily nowadays and sometimes I feel a difficulty that I never had before when exposing an idea. Im sure this symptoms are due to long term uses of marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol.

But let's get to my experience. I slept only few hours, and I was feeling pretty tired when I took the dose yesterday. after about 40 minutes, I felt much less tired and I was extremely alert. Then, I went to meet my friends in a pub near my place. Talking to them I couldnt stop talking. The ideas flew so easily, and my arguments seemed so convincing that I saw the old me again. (Im a very inteligent person, my IQ is 152 and, besides, Im a jornalist, argumentation is my best quality. But nowadays Ive been feeling I lost part of it.)

I smoke a lot, but dont feel like smoking that much under the influence. I also drink a lot, but I wasnt feeling like drinking either. Nevertheless, I drank anyway - and I completely disrecommend that. You get drunk much more quickly, and when drunk under piracetam and hydergine, the easy flow of thoughts becomes confused and uncomfortable. Also, I started to feel a little nausea. Not like the ones I get when Im really, really drunk. But a nausea that I once felt under ecstasy - like if I had a air ball stuck in my throat, and I desperately needed to burp.

But now, under only piracetam and hydergine, here in my work, Im extremely happy with what I feeling. Ideas flow easily, I have just written a cover issue that Im really proud of, like once I was of every paper of mine. Im the old me again, and that makes me feel extremely self-conscious and happy. I feel none of the posible side efects, like headaches or nausea. The only thing I feel is that Im alert, concentrated and thinking clearly.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18581
Published: Nov 6, 2003Views: 32,158
Piracetam (95), Ergoloid mesylates (163) : Combinations (3), Health Benefits (32), Small Group (2-9) (17)