Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Tripping Face
Mescaline
by Dutch Master
Citation:   Dutch Master. "Tripping Face: An Experience with Mescaline (exp19448)". Erowid.org. Dec 8, 2002. erowid.org/exp/19448

300 mg oral Mescaline (powder / crystals)
    smoked Cannabis (plant material)

A few days ago for the first time I took mescaline. I have already done every other drug aside from crack, mostly I use hallucinogens, and I felt it necessary to take mescaline when my brother in formed me that he had gotten it at his college. He brought back 3 300mg capsules full of mescaline for my friends and I. I ate my capsule at around 4pm cause I had a doctorís appointment at 5 later that day and my brother said that it took 2 hours to kick in.

Either way at 5 - 5:30 it started to work. At first I started to feel a little nauseous but that feeling started to leave me when the trip came on a half hour later. The first part of the trip I would say more closely resembled a clean roll on ecstasy. I was hanging out with my friends smoking up and kept getting rushes of extreme energy and love all over my body. This rolling, as I would call it lasted for about 4 hours, but then I had to go home cause I had gotten in trouble earlier that day. So I hopped in my car and drove home hoping that somehow I would stop tripping before I had to see my parents.

Unfortunately this did not happen, when I went home I was fucked up beyond belief. Luckily I only had to speak to them for 5 minutes than I went down into my room where I laid on my couch till 2 in the morning. While lying it felt like the feeling had changed from rolling to tripping. I say that because my body high seemed to change. Instead of having feelings of love, I started to go crazy inside my mind like on mushrooms. I lay there on my couch for hours pondering life and feeling very insignificant in the world. During this time the hallucinations werenít as intense I had expected them to be. The carpet and walls started breathing on me and all the stuff in my room was morphing into different shapes, but I didnít have any outrageous hallucinations like on acid.

Instead this mescaline trip seemed to be more centered on a great body than anything else. Once I realized that I felt I should utilize it to its full potential. So as I was lying there I started thinking of the most gruesome deaths ever like getting your limbs ripped or getting impaled, and it worked. Whenever I thought of something like that I could feel it in my body, I felt a weird pressure on a all my joints as if they were being torn out and my stomach felt like a sword was being pushed through it. But that stuff didnít bother and send me into a bad trip cause I knew I wasnít dying and I knew nothing bad could happen to me. After that I walked over to my bed and grabbed my bong a 20 bag and a little book, which I record my dreams in.

Then four about 2 hours, until 2 in the morning, I sat in my room smoking and writing down the crazy thoughts I had which were racing through my mind. At the time they seemed much more profound but when looking back at the writing it mostly is illegible sentences rambling on about nothing, for instance that for your whole life you are having a never ending conversation with yourself in your head when no ones around. All in all Iíd say that it was great experience and that I would jump at the chance to do it again.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 19448
Published: Dec 8, 2002Views: 66,565
Mescaline (36) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2), General (1)