Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
We're an educational non-profit working to provide a balanced, honest look at
psychoactive drugs and drug use--to reduce harms, improve benefits, & support
reasonable policies. This work is made possible by $10, $50, & $100 donations.
Patterns Fetus Noises and A Goose
by god
Citation:   god. "Patterns Fetus Noises and A Goose: An Experience with AMT (exp19706)". Dec 19, 2002.

30 mg oral AMT (capsule)
The weekend started off great. I saw my favorite DJ, Donald Glaude, I didn't roll becase ecstasy is bad stuff, and I stayed the whole night with my boyfriend, who I shall call Bob. The next morning, around 8:45 AM we took something which we had been looking forward to taking for a long while; AMT. We each took 30 mg in gel caps. I know for a fact that this was pure stuff. This was my first time taking alpha methytryptamine, so I probably (defintely) should have taken less. We sat and waited for it to kick in.

Around 9:30 both of us began to feel slightly naseus. For me, it didn't seem very serious, but I remembered reading reports in which people didn't think they were very sick but they ended up vomiting heavily, so I prepared myself to puke by getting a bag to throw up in (we were in a store). Around 10:00 I began to feel like i was definitely going to throw up, and so did Bob. We went outside to avoid making a scene. We sat there for a while. Bob kept spitting into his bag but couldn't make himself throw up. Both of us wanted to throw up so the sickness would go away but couldn't do it. At about 10:30 I finally did throw up. Because I had hardly eaten anything recently, it was mostly a dry heave. I tasted a little amt coming up and there were some brown chunks, but I don't think I vomited a significant amount of the drug. I was still feeling sick and so was my boyfriend but it was cold so we decided to go inside.

That was about the time I started hallucinating. It was very mild but my body felt weird and I felt kind of anxious yet tired (probably from staying up all night) and I wanted to go somewhere to lie down. So we called my friend, L and she said we could go to her house. We began walking to the bus stop and I vomited again as I was walking. It was very violent and I almost had to force it out because I felt I would other wise gag. After I puked the second time, the sickness quickly faded away and I threw the bag away. Bob still felt ill, but not like he was going to throw up (he never did) so he threw his bag away too. I was hallucinating very mildly. It was more like the things I normally hallucinated (i have HPPD) were more pronouced. Bob said he felt like he was rolling. I felt a slight amphetamine-like effect, but not really like ecstasy very much, just a little speedy and slightly more empathetic. The bus came and we got on. Walking was a little difficult but not significantly.

On the bus ride we talked about how we were feeling, which was high, but not overwhelmingly. We got to L's apartement. That was when I had my first big hallucination. A very trippy painting on her wall looked fluid and waved. It was cool. This was probably 11:00? I began hallucinating more. I don't remember very well what happened next, but I know that I was sweating a lot so I took my coat off and eventually my sweater as well. I was cold despite the sweating so I put a blanket on. I felt very paranoid and fearful about my health so I lay back on a chair. The visuals got very intense. It felt like I was on mushrooms, but more chemically. Not just any mushrooms though, some especially potent ones I have taken twice. I didn't get as lost from the world as I did the first time I took those shrooms, but the way my body felt when i touched it and the visuals were very similar. There were rainbow patterns covering practically everything. Things were shaking and melting and blurring. People looked rather distorted.

It wasn't the hallucinations that really freaked me out, although they were very intense, but the way I felt psychically. I was sweating and getting hot and cold flashes. I lost track of time. I thought it was going MUCH faster than it was, so I drank water probably too occasionally and asked my boyfriend to check my body temperature/pulse rate almost constantly. He said I was fine, but I didn't feel like I was. I was getting sharp but not excruciating pains in my heart. Loud or fast noises made my heart beat faster, or so it seemed. I was very scared. More friends came over. One of them brought crackers because I was worried I was drinking TOO Much water. Before she came over with the crackers, I resorted to eating small amounts of salt. I would pour a few grains on my hand and they would quickly disappear! It looked as if they had melted into my skin. I licked my hand where I thought they were and got them.

I went to the bathroom frequently and peed a lot, because I was drinking so much water. Every time I went it was horrible and the same thing happened. I felt lightheaded and dehydrated and my ears would start ringing and the walls and toilet moved and changed color. I refused to look at myself in the mirror because I didn't want to think of how much of a failure I was. I felt as if I was going to die or never come down, or if I did come down, I would have severe brain/heart damage and never be the same person again. It was depressing. When I did look in the mirrow I would stare, transfixed at my pupils, which were more dilated than I had ever seen in my life. They looked almost completely black, and so did my boyfriends! I stayed very high for hours. When I peaked (although the whole experience could be described as a peak) I thought maybe I was in the hospital and that my boyfriend was really a doctor and I was just hallucinating everything. I tried to take care of my health, probably too much. Walking or any form of exertion made my heart beat faster and made me feel weak. I could tell my blood pressure was rising and falling.

I declared I would never do drugs again. There was one point when I turned and though I saw death sitting outside the window. You know, typical death with black hooded cloack and sycle. I decided to look at my boyfriend instead.

At 8:30 PM, my friend forced us to leave although I was still very messed up and didn't feel I could walk anywhere. We took a bus to a coffee shop. I felt weak when walking and standing waiting for the bus. I depended on my boyfriend to stand, and if he hadn't been with me I doubt I would have made it. He's wonderful :) At the coffee shop I desperately wanted to lie down again. I was feeling sick on and off and I was developing a headache. We finally decided to go to my mom's apartement and tell her the truth. I lay down there with my boyfriend and began to feel significantly better, except I had an excruciating headache, worse than any one I ever remember having. My hallucinations were MUCH less intense and there were less but the pattern and visual disortions were still there.

I fell asleep around 1:00AM, avoiding sleep before then because I feared that if I went to sleep and stopped drinking water whatever was causing the headache was taking over and damage my brain. I woke up around 11:00 AM completely down and rested, except my heart still hurts. I also lost some weight from all the sweating. This was an experience I really regret, and I just want to warn new and even experienced users: be careful with your dosage. Something like 30 mg may not seem like a lot, but there is always the possiblity it's going to be too strong. I know people who weigh more than me and are adults and have gotten very high off 15mg! BE CAREFUL. There isn't enough known about amt to just fuck around with it.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 19706
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Dec 19, 2002Views: 18,093
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
AMT (7) : First Times (2), Bad Trips (6), Health Problems (27), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults