Eased My Withdrawals
Valerian
by Lynx1313rmp
Citation:   Lynx1313rmp. "Eased My Withdrawals: An Experience with Valerian (exp205)". Erowid.org. Oct 14, 2000. erowid.org/exp/205

1070 mg oral Valerian (capsule)

I was going into withdrawal from prescription pain killers and decided to use an herbal preparation. Every 6 hrs. I took a cup of chamomile tea with 2 tea bags, infused them for 20 min. and drank that down with 2 capsules of valerian root (535 mg. each). I also took 600 mg. of Advil for the muscle aches and pains that come with the withdrawal(every 8 hrs. I took the advil). I still wanted the painkillers but for psychological reasons. The herbal preparations eased the pain of withdrawal. I would eventually like to see a study done on narcotic pain relievers and their pschological addiction. When I took them they made my depression and my concentration better. I was happy but not too, happy. I wish I could take them forever. Oh well, for now I will concoct my own herbal preparations.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 205
Published: Oct 14, 2000Views: 30,901
Valerian (48) : General (1), Addiction & Habituation (10), Unknown Context (20)