Gentle Elephant
Anadenanthera colubrina (extract) & Salvia divinorum
by plantshaman
Citation:   plantshaman. "Gentle Elephant: An Experience with Anadenanthera colubrina (extract) & Salvia divinorum (exp21374)". Erowid.org. Oct 5, 2005. erowid.org/exp/21374

5 seeds smoked Anadenanthera colubrina (extract)
  1 hit smoked Salvia divinorum (dried)

Preparation...I soaked 54 anadenanthera seeds in rubbing alcohol for three weeks and put through a coffee filter. I washed the remaining plant material with clean alcohol to bring out any of the left over goodies. I put the alcohol in a pan and evaporated till it was a brownish goo.

Set and setting... My mind set was good. I have experimented a few other times with smoking the straight seed. So I had a good idea what to expect. I was home alone in my room.

1st try...I used a razor and collected roughly 1/10 of the goo on the blade. I smeared the goo onto a screen. I took two big hits out of a small glass bong and held them in. Effects were felt in moments. The experience was very mild. There was a pressure in my head which was a bit like an elephant sitting on it. The mild effect didn't last very long.

I decided this extract was not too strong and had an idea of how much to use. I had a few salvia leaves sitting on my table. I thought I would try smearing some on a bowl of leaves. I did just that. With the anadenanthera already in me I was able to take a monster hit. I laid back and in moments I found that salvia dimension opening up all around me.

t+30 seconds In a few moments I was having a strong salvia experience. The salvia overpowered the anadenanthera and for a while I had forgot I smoked it. I attempted to become the wall in my living room as I have done in past trips and discovered I couldn't use my third eye. It was like salvia was in control of it and any attempt to visualize stuff was useless.

t+ 5 min Aside from the inability to use the third eye the salvia experience was average. As the salvia effects slowly went away I could feel the anadenanthera. My head and body felt heavy. I felt very sick to my belly. I noticed a little uneasy belly with anadenanthera before. this was much worse. I laid there till I fell asleep with a miserable feeling of being sick. There was that pressure in the head and heavy body sensation. No heightened thoughts or any visionary stuff. Seems worthless at this level.

I think the extract is a bit weak. I have tried as much as double since this experience. Still it was weak and probably less powerful then 4 smoked seeds. I have not experienced neausea again. I don't know if it was from the combination or maybe I just was dehydrated and or hungry? Not sure.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 21374
Published: Oct 5, 2005Views: 12,280
Anadenanthera colubrina (139), Salvia divinorum (44) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)