An Undisciplined Stunt
Belladonna
by ChemBob
Citation:   ChemBob. "An Undisciplined Stunt: An Experience with Belladonna (exp22)". Erowid.org. May 31, 2000. erowid.org/exp/22

3 flowers oral Belladonna (tea)

I'm a lucky person (aren't we all at times). When I was about 17 I was island hopping in the Carribean and a Puerto Rican guy told me that a tea made from the belladonna plant flower would knock my socks of, but advised me not to try it because it could possibly blind you. Hopeless druggy that I was, I immediately picked some of the flowers (about 3 if I remember) and took them home to make a tea with hot water.

I steeped it for a while and drank about 1/2 of the cup as the evening was setting. I had a little apartment on St. Thomas and settled back to enjoy my trip. Let me reiterate: this was a suicide mission. I was a stupid kid immune to risk and was certainly lucky to survive this rash experiment. Do not try the method I am describing unless you have no respect whatsoever for the value of your physiological existence.

As the sun set I became sleepy and lay down on the mat I called a bed. The next thing I know there was a huge party being held in my bedroom. The people were quite nice. It was a real as real gets. Soon everyone left except for an old peasant man in worn work clothes. We chatted for a while. I must have started to come back to my senses, for when I reached over to touch him to see if he was real, I realized I was touching some of my dirty laundry piled on the floor. It was morning by then. This was the most intense trip I had ever had, but all in all, quite pleasant.

It took me about a day to recover. I was shaky. It was a memorable trip, but again, only because fortune had the benevolence to shine on my unmitigated stupidity for trying such an undisciplined stunt.

Exp Year: 1992ExpID: 22
Published: May 31, 2000Views: 54,246
Belladonna (9) : Alone (16), First Times (2)