Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Anxiety and Excretion System Hyperactivity
MDMA (Ecstasy)
by yvette176
Citation:   yvette176. "Anxiety and Excretion System Hyperactivity: An Experience with MDMA (Ecstasy) (exp23068)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2006. erowid.org/exp/23068

1 tablet oral MDMA

I was given a 'mitsubishi'-looking pill by a friend of mine. I took it at a well-known dance club in chicago on gay night. I thought I would have a well-being feeling, would feel connected, and would have an experience similar to other first-timers that had a positive experience. The crowd on gay night is very accepting (and, from what i've heard, very heavy X users), so I thought I'd be okay, surrounded by 'family'.

In fact, it was the opposite. When it hit me, I immediately became anxious, like 'this is horrible - when does it end?' my digestive system began functioning on what I can only call a 'hyperactive' state - I had to use the bathroom three times in one half-hour. The toilets were so crowded I had to cut in line, apologizing, and then immediately go to the back of the line to use them again. I was so tense I thought my brain was going to explode. Worse yet, my car was in a parking lot that would close at 5am, and if I didn't get it out of the lot, it would get towed. This meant that I had to drive. I could have drove it about 100' to street parking: even if it was an illegal spot, and I got ticketed, that was better than getting stopped while driving while toasted.

But because I was toasted, I didn't think correctly, and I decided to drive. This was worse than any acid trip I ever took in the '60s. [Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

I drove to a hotel not far away. It was the worst drive of my life. If a cop had stopped me, I would have been arrested. For me, based on my sexual orientation and gender, that *could not* happen. I didn't think about what to do with the car before taking the X - *Big Mistake*. It was one of the most tense, anxious nights of my life.

At the hotel, within minutes *everyone* knew I was toasted. My pupils must have been the size of dimes. I went up to my room, went to bed, and just shook for hours.

Was it X? Was it speed? Was it cut with baby laxative? What was it? I don't know and I don't care. *I will NEVER take it or anything purporting to be it again*. Reality feels so good now, I hardly even drink, and take no 'recreational pharmaceutical' drugs whatsoever.

Some people say X is wonderful. I say the whole thing sucked. At the end of the day, it's your body, it's your brain, it's your life. Caveat emptor. Whatever you do, do NOT drive. Please!

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 23068
Published: Feb 16, 2006Views: 13,020
MDMA (3) : First Times (2), Difficult Experiences (5), Club / Bar (25)