Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
The Down Side
Ecstasy
by JP
Citation:   JP. "The Down Side: An Experience with Ecstasy (exp2413)". Erowid.org. Oct 14, 2000. erowid.org/exp/2413

oral MDMA (pill / tablet)

I took X for many years, mostly on weekends. It got to a point where I needed 2-3 pills just to get high. On Monday's after I came down my head would be vacant and I could not concentrate. By Tuesday I was so depressed that I would cry for no specific reason. Usually by Thursday I would be ok again, but I would go right back into the same routine on Friday. Eventually, I was diagnosed as clinically depressed. I have been on anit-depressants for about a year.

I was not physically addicted but I am sure that I was emotionally addicted to X. I think the mood lifting effect was needed to escape my depression, but the ultimate result was that I became more depressed. I have not used the drug for over a year and sometimes I have nastalgic memories of the 'good' times, but overall I am much happier now and it is a real happiness!

Exp Year: 1998ExpID: 2413
Published: Oct 14, 2000Views: 17,226
MDMA (3) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Depression (15), Post Trip Problems (8), Various (28)