individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
Night of Auditory Dementia?
Dimenhydrinate
by viking ray
Citation:   viking ray. "Night of Auditory Dementia?: An Experience with Dimenhydrinate (exp26851)". Erowid.org. Nov 6, 2003. erowid.org/exp/26851

600 mg oral Dimenhydrinate

Setting - friends room with friend (D) first time for both of us. Nothing planned for rest of the night, good mood.

T + :20 - feeling very lightheaded, try to walk around feeling very drunk without loss of thought process.
T + :40 - feeling very heavy, sitting on couch. I get up to use the bathroom several times, i am feeling stomach pain which is sending me into a bad trip. Try to keep calm, impending sense of death. My friend who is not feeling anything rationalizes that I will be fine.
T + 1 - still feeling very heavy, no visuals or auditory hallucinations. feeling very confused, not feeling pleasent because i have a stomach ache.
T + 2 - things start getting wierd. my friend starts talking to me and responding to what he thinks is me talking. I tell him i am not talking and he laughs. I feel sick so i get up to try to puke.
T + 2:15 - still in the bathroom, giving up on puking walking out of bathroom i am hit with intense visuals of changing colors for about 10 seconds. walk back in my friends room, he is talking to himself having a complete conversation i sit down and he explains how he was just talking to me even though i was in the other room. I am uncomfortable and feeling scared, i try to calm myself down.

T + 2:45 - staring at my friend we are babeling about non-sense, i am talking to a picture of his mom, she appears to be moving her mouth.
T + 3:30 - feeling sick, i know i must puke to enjoy myself. In bathroom i am looking into sink, it fills up with little red spiders. I am not afriad i find it very interesting, i invite my friend in he sees no spiders. I still see them and poke at them with my finger and get blood on my finger. I look back down and the blood is off my finger and the small spiders are gone. My friend leaves me alone again.
T + 4:00 - still in bathroom havent puked. I hear my friends outside the bathroom door inviting me downstairs to hang out. I look outside the door and no one is there. i thought i heard my friend B who wasn't there the whole night. While i am puking i become aware of reality for a second and become very happy after i am done puking i start talking to D as if he were there and then i realized he was in the other room. I stagger back into room.

T + 4:10 - turn around and see my friend J, only for a second and he disapeared. wierded out and without a stomach ache i go to bed sleep well and wake up next morning feeling hung over.

Overall it was a very frieghtening expirence, I would do again in a few years but not before then. Everything seems very real which means this should be done in a controlled setting.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 26851
Published: Nov 6, 2003Views: 15,637
Dimenhydrinate (17) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2), General (1)