individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
The Witch
Melatonin
by Existentialblu
Citation:   Existentialblu. "The Witch: An Experience with Melatonin (exp26938)". Erowid.org. Apr 21, 2006. erowid.org/exp/26938

2.0 mg oral Melatonin (pill / tablet)

9:30: Took 2mg tablet of melatonin and went downstairs not feeling like sleep yet. I started reading and as I did started to feel really sleepy, in a slightly trippy way. It was the feeling that I should be asleep and everything was gradually fading. Played with this state of mind for a little while and then opted to go to bed.

11 pm: Started falling asleep.

2 am?: I was in a larg dark room being persued by a witch. She had short red hair and wanted to capture me for some unknown reason. I ran through the halls and encountered another woman with long brown hair who gave me a huge hug and everything that had been wrong was now okay. She told me that she was some kind of protective spirit within my subconscious and she wouldn't let the witch get me. She called out and an older man with grey hair and a beard came out from behind a wall. He was apparently in the same league. Then I saw the witch's head again.

I know that it doesn't sound all that vivid or terrrifying now, but it was easily the most vivid dream I have ever experianced. I could feel myself breathing and my hairs standing on end. I was aware that it wasn't really happening, but in that world was so all encompassing I felt as though I had always been there. It was a kind of pergatory, very similer to what I experianced during my first fungus related trip (only done that twice). The worst part was not being able to get out.

It felt similer to a sleep paralysis episode, but with a complete story line. When I get sleep paralysis it tends to happen when I try to sleep in, but this was in the middle of the night. After a few minutes I was able to fall asleep again. Usually if I had a dream that vivid it would keep me up for at least an hour but this didn't have that effect. I guess the melatonin sleepiness overpowered the fear of reentering the dream.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 26938
Published: Apr 21, 2006Views: 12,595
Melatonin (94), Dreams (85) : General (1), Alone (16)