responses to an online survey from those who have
used a psychedelic while in a romantic relationship.
Couples especially invited to participate.
What A Surprise
5-MeO-DMT
by Malfunkshun
Citation:   Malfunkshun. "What A Surprise: An Experience with 5-MeO-DMT (exp27428)". Erowid.org. Oct 13, 2006. erowid.org/exp/27428

1 hit smoked 5-MeO-DMT (powder / crystals)

A friend of mine mailed me a sample of this stuff, and included was a note that read 'Have a nice time'. I had no idea what this 5-MeO-DMT stuff was, and expected some kind of a mellow buzz akin to marijuana. So, confidently, I loaded the stuff into a pipe, sat back in my lounge chair, and prepared to chill out.

Two seconds after I had inhaled my first (and only) hit, the room exploded. When I say that, I mean... it EXPLODED. Everything came apart like a puzzle, but the pieces were still next to each other, like it had only come apart at the seams but hadn't scattered to the four winds. It was an extreme, instant rush; VERY INTENSE. I gripped the arms of the chair I was sitting in like I was on a roller-coaster, and looked over at my lifelong buddy Clintmonstah, and his face flew into 5 different parts. Actually, it was his face, reproduced 5 times, hovering around the central image of his REAL face. I can remember saying something like 'Oh shit, this is heavy', and then Clint left the room, knowing that something SERIOUS was going on. What followed after that is very hard to recall, because it seemed like a VERY long time passed... a lot longer than the 5 minutes that actually passed in reality between the time when Clint left the room and when he came back.

When Clint came back in the room, I was starting to chill out a little, but during those 5 minutes, I was somewhere else. Time lost all meaning. EVERYTHING lost all meaning. I couldn't think, the best analogue to describe my experience was I had been reduced to animal consciousness, without awareness of anything but the moment. I was in limbo for those 5 minutes. But I finally came back... and had a frame of reference again! I exhaled in relief. After that, things calmed down, until the effects were completely gone. The entire episode lasted for about 30 minutes from the time I inhaled to the time I was totally back in reality. And what a journey it was ...

Exp Year: 1996ExpID: 27428
Published: Oct 13, 2006Views: 5,974
5-MeO-DMT (58) : First Times (2), General (1), Alone (16)