Lost My Car After I Crashed It
Alprazolam
by MaTT024
Citation:   MaTT024. "Lost My Car After I Crashed It: An Experience with Alprazolam (exp27620)". Erowid.org. Jan 11, 2020. erowid.org/exp/27620

Pharms - Alprazolam
      Benzodiazepines

[Erowid Note: The dose described in this report is very high, potentially beyond Erowid's 'heavy' range, and could pose serious health risks or result in unwanted, extreme effects. Sometimes extremely high doses reported are errors rather than actual doses used.]

Too much Xanax...

Xanax was the only substance I have really had horrible issues with; or at least it is the only substance I was not able to control so far, and I have done practically everything except PCP.

I acquired about 50 white 2mg bars and proceeded to delve in that following month. At first I would take just one or two bars, and everything would be fine and I would be nice and faded. Then, it was hard to explain, but I noticed a change in the amount of pills I was taking, which got up to 10-15 bars in one night, honestly without me knowing. I honestly thought I was only taking 4 or 5, until I would recount my stash the next morning to find many things missing, including Klonopin, Valium, whatever I had at that time.

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

The worst night was when I stupidly (but not knowingly, honestly, that is the scary part about Xanax) drove my car, proceeding to mess it up beyond driving condition. Somehow (I don't remember how) I walked home. I only remember a person approaching me on my walk home asking me if I was 'okay buddy?' I said 'sure' and continued to stagger home apparently.

Another thing about this substance is that it brings up uncontrollable rage in people, at least that is what happened to me (and a few other users, as I have read online). I am the last person to be physically aggressive; trust me. When I got home that night I was screaming random, horrible obscenities which I can hardly remember and tore the door of my room off its hinges. When I woke up in the morning, I had no recollection of ripping the door off the wall, but there it was. I had no idea where my car was, but luckily cops were able to find it and impound it...

One thing I thought I dreamed that night was being in a doctors office or ER, with stuff hooked up to me, and people asking me questions about if I had taken shrooms before, or speed before, etc. Apparently this was reality, because I looked on my arms and chest and I had those circular sticker things on me where they hooked up the monitors of some sort...

My parent took me to the hospital and had me blood tested etc to conclude that I had extremely high levels of Xanax and THC in my system. She said she became concerned when she found me on a few separate occasions passed out in my bed with my shoes on and the lights on.

After that, I thankfully have been able to stay away from all of the Benzodiazapine class such as Xanax, Valium, Klonopin, Florazapam, etc. I haven't messed with that class of substances for 8 months now, and I sure as hell will never take them again.In my opinion, I IWSH I NEVER HAD DONE THESE! Believe me, I am a very liberal person, and I personally indulge in recreational casual drug use fairly regularly but if I want to remember my weekend, or where my car is parked, or how I got home, or what happened to my stash.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 27620
Published: Jan 11, 2020Views: 906
Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Difficult Experiences (5), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)