Permanent Speech Impediment
Alprozolam
by Xanax
Citation:   Xanax. "Permanent Speech Impediment: An Experience with Alprozolam (exp27977)". Erowid.org. May 5, 2004. erowid.org/exp/27977

28 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (pill / tablet)

First let me start off by saying that I was addicted to Xanax. Shortly after the experience I am about to talk about, I stopped taking Xanax and had very bad withdrawl syndromes, including an apparantly permanent studder.

June 2003:
I was introduced to Xanax. My best friend came across a supplier of sorts and always had anywhere from 20 to 500 of the 2mg bars of Xanax. Taking these pills became an everyday thing for me. Normally, it was just one a day, but sometimes 2 or 3.

July 2003:
1 or 2 of the 2mg pills was just not enough anymore. Now I would take 3 or 4 on a daily basis. I also experimented with snorting the pills. I found that it hits you harder and quicker, but does not last quite as long as ingesting the pills.

August 2003:
Now it takes 5 or 6 of the 2mg bars to effect me the way I wanted to be effected. I began to get nosebleeds from snorting so much of the substance.

August 19th, 2003:
Note:Because of the amount of xanax I had taken on this day, the details of this story are sketchy, and have been developed by pictures and on the accounts of others because I have no memories of this day whatsoever.

I started off the day with a bag of 20 2mg Xanax (alprozolam) pills. I ended the day in a hospital, in some sort of a coma. 4 days later I awoke to the sound of my dads voice and the first thing I saw was a picture of my car - it was completely totalled. I had no idea what had happened. Evidently, I was driving and lost control, slamming into a set of neighborhood mailboxes. The police found my plastic bag with the Xanax in it, yet there were only 5 left.. which means that 15 of the 2mg pills were missing. They were either consumed by me, lost, or sold (and the doctor said that based on the state that I was in when I arrived at the hospital, his guess was that I consumed at least 26mg or 13 pills).

That was the last time I ever tried xanax. To anyone who wants to try it, go ahead. Just be careful or you might end up with a permanent speech impediment.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 27977
Published: May 5, 2004Views: 63,654
Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Addiction & Habituation (10), Families (41), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Not Applicable (38)