Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
Probably Permanent, Not at All Unpleasant
DXM
by Klutz
Citation:   Klutz. "Probably Permanent, Not at All Unpleasant: An Experience with DXM (exp28001)". Erowid.org. Oct 30, 2003. erowid.org/exp/28001

oral DXM

I've been using DXM off and on for a year and a half, sometimes going months without doing it, sometimes doing it 3 or 4 times a month. I've used a total of maybe 15 times, the majority of my experiences were 3rd plateau trips.

I'm convinced at this point that DXM has done SOMETHING to me. I'm not sure what exactly, but I notice definite effects. I've had HPPD since my 3rd trip, but it never got much worse than it was then. It's mostly the minor stuff, like static vision, audio misinterpretations, tracers, etc..... Smoking marijuana seems to make the effects stronger, but they never get to the point of 'unbearable'.

My balance also got kinda screwy after a few robotrips (but I also suffered some head trauma when someone tried to kill me by hitting my head with a skateboard, so it was already a little screwy). I've developed a minor speech impediment, almost like a stutter, where I get stuck trying to force a word out, or pronounce the sound wrong.

All in all, yeah, there are some after effects. They aren't major ones though, and I'm just fine living with them. If they ever start to actually interfere with my life (they aren't bad enough to interfere really, yet. They're just there. If I didn't know the cause though, they definitely would because I used to simply think I was going completely insane) then I'll end up quitting DXM. But I don't wanna do that yet. Robo taught me many amazing things, and I simply wouldn't be the same person without it.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 28001
Published: Oct 30, 2003Views: 13,118
DXM (22) : HPPD / Lasting Visuals (40), Post Trip Problems (8), Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)