Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
Scop eye
Scopolamine
by Prolixity
Citation:   Prolixity. "Scop eye: An Experience with Scopolamine (exp2811)". Erowid.org. Oct 8, 2000. erowid.org/exp/2811

Scopolamine

First you might need some background and stuff...

I am employed by a pharmaceutical company who produces stuff as diverse as fentanyl patches, to nicoderm, to sudafed, to scopolamine patches. This experience took place in the commercial lab for TTS (Transdermal technology systems)

I was sitting in the lab preparing a release rate analysis for the scop patch (cutting up the patches and preparing them to be placed in the baths, when I spilled some release rate media on my hands. I quickly ran to the sink to wash it off (I wasn't wearing gloves), and my eye started itching. Foolishly I touched my eye, and about a half hour later, one of my team members told me that I had scop eye.. My left pupil had dilated...

I didn't suffer any adverse effects from that, although I did feel confused for the rest of the day. I ended up walking to the occupational nurses office and going home early. I learned my lesson though...Don't touch your eyes when you're working with scopolamine

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 2811
Published: Oct 8, 2000Views: 36,365
Scopolamine (134) : Unknown Context (20), General (1)