Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Yohimbenized
Yohimbe
by Try anything once
Citation:   Try anything once. "Yohimbenized: An Experience with Yohimbe (exp2983)". Erowid.org. Sep 16, 2000. erowid.org/exp/2983

oral Yohimbe (capsule)

I tried Yohimbe to get an energy boost. I was also taking DHEA 25mg, Vicodin 500mg. I took the Yohimbe at work around 1:00 p.m. Within 1 hour I began to have dizziness, rapid heartrate, and a tremendous energy boost. Within 2 hours I felt my perception of events was dramatically increased. It seems that whatever frame of mind I was in, the Yohimbe escalates that effect. I came home and had sex for 3 hours and never achieved orgasm. It seemed pointless at this time to continue with the sex when all enjoyment is gone. I then ran for 8 miles to try and burn energy off, this to had no effect.

I did not sleep at all that night but had all this energy all day the next day even with no sleep. I should note I took my blood pressure 3 hours after my ingestion of the Yohimbe bp was 112/52 pulse 162. My normal rate is 132/75 pulse 68. I had a strong urge to vomit the whole time I was influenced by the Yohimbe. The effects took about 27 hours to wear off but the feeling of euphoria and well being lasted approx.48 hours. I would do Yohimbe again but only at a low dosage and increase to a tolerable level. Not an herb to be played with at high doses or with health problems.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 2983
Published: Sep 16, 2000Views: 27,272
Yohimbe (96) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)