individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
Hedgehog in the Fog
Absinthe
by jozhik v tumane
Citation:   jozhik v tumane. "Hedgehog in the Fog: An Experience with Absinthe (exp30480)". Erowid.org. Mar 26, 2018. erowid.org/exp/30480

3 shots oral Absinthe (liquid)

I've had an anise fetish since I was six years old. Once upon a time I discovered that there was an anise-flavoured alcoholic drink - when I was visiting the Czheck Republic in 2000 (I think) I decided to bring back a bottle of Absinthe (Havel's) for obvious reasons.

I don't remember if it had any effects but I loved the taste. I was intrigued to try and make some absinthe myself. It wasn't easy to find the components and a good recipe, at last I settled for a very simple preparation:

0.5 l 80% vodka
10 g mint
10 g wormwood
The juice of two lemons
A cup of sugar
10 ml of 100% anise oil.

I added the mint, wormwood, sugar and lemon juice to the alcohol, let it steep for a week. I shaked it well every day, then after a week I strained and filtered it.

After that I added the anise oil and waited for it do dissolve (about 3-4 days).

That's it.

The result is a dark green slightly oily liquor.
It tastes like liquorice, only worse - but I like it.

Three shots of it is enough to make me happy and crawling up the walls.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 30480
Published: Mar 26, 2018Views: 850
Absinthe (4) : Preparation / Recipes (30), Personal Preparation (45), Not Applicable (38)