Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Energy on the Mountain
Coca
by Hherbe
Citation:   Hherbe. "Energy on the Mountain: An Experience with Coca (exp31462)". Erowid.org. Mar 12, 2007. erowid.org/exp/31462

2 cups oral Coca (tea)
  20 leaves buccal Coca

When I woke up at my hotel at the summit of the famous Machu Pichu ruins, I ran downstairs after I changed to prepare some mighty potent tea for the day (it's excellent for altitude sickness and really perks you up better then coffee at the beginning of the day). I was going to venture the ruins today and tried to see if I could sustain myself like the Incas, a day where all I would consume is water and coca. After my drinks, I felt a super warm rushing sensation to every tip of my nerve endings.

A comfortable and relaxed euphoria could be felt at the back of my head. I walked over to the bus station afterwards and caught a bus up to the main ruins. It's pretty big place, and I checked it out pretty quickly, and decided to try the famed challenge of the area. I was climbing to the top of Huaynu Pichu, the tallest peak that jets out at the far end of the ruins, I busted out my big bag of coca( a bargain by at $5) I didn't know what to do with it all. I shoved a fat wad in the side of my cheek and chewed slowly on the leaves, sucking the precious nutrients out of them. I made sure not to get any near my tongue or the inside my jaws because it's supposed to be jammed on only the gums. Soon after I started chewing I was high as a kite, marching up the steep and treacherous hillside with the energy of a god damn energizer bunny. The experience was a success. I didn't eat a thing, felt healthy as ever, and conquered a mountain. Coca is the bomb.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 31462
Published: Mar 12, 2007Views: 15,947
Coca (158) : General (1), Alone (16)